The Archbishop Tenison's School Foundation was established more than 100 years ago.
The Foundation provides the school with a link to the Tenison family as well as financial support so that the school can fulfill its Church of England vision and to add some little extra touches which might not be possible otherwise. For example:
- As a response to the recent school closure as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Foundation established a Student Welfare Fund to empower the school to provide financial assistance to children at the school and their families.
- Part funding the new reception area to the school, improving safety, and providing a brighter welcome to students and parents
The Foundation board also includes representatives from a number of livery companies across London including The Worshipful Company of Dyers, The Worshipful Company of Woolmen and The Worshipful Company of Surveyors.
As a result of this dynamic mix of livery companies, the school is able to enrich the curriculum. Examples include:
- free music tuition to all new students
- the latest technology and curriculum resources
- mentoring and careers advice
- bursaries for students once they have left the school