Values and Ethos
Educating mind, body and spirit since 1685
- With our heritage dating back as far as 1685, ATS is built on a successful history of
being an integral member of the local community, supporting those beyond the
school gates as well as those within.
- We want our students to have a positive role in ensuring our community is a safe,
dynamic and aspirational environment. They are given opportunities to positively affect the lives of those around them, not only to show them the power of citizenship,
but also so that they understand the impact they can have by embracing
- As the smallest school in the area, we can offer a more individual journey for our
students that allows their personal transformation to take shape in an inspirational
and encouraging environment.
- Our student body benefits from a rigorous academic programme, designed to stretch
and challenge each and every one of them, and recent improvements in our results
shine a light on the progress our students are making.
- Our role is to shine a light on the possibilities that exist to students, by highlighting
the successful pathways our students and other role models who are enjoying
successful and fulfilled lives.
- Our CofE faith is central to ensuring that we deliver an education that goes beyond a
focus on excelling academically, and allows students to develop personally,
spiritually and morally to act as positive citizens in the modern world.
- We have recently joined a community of like-minded schools in the Southwark
Diocesan Board of Education Multi Academy Trust, which will allow us to benefit from
shared resources, boost our leadership capacity and access innovative teaching
Justice, Mercy and Humility